2017 Utility Billing Rates | Utilities Department
Water, sewer, street light and garbage services are billed the second week of each month. If the payment is received after the due date (23rd of each month), a 10% late penalty will be added to the bill.
Billed the month following use. Meters are read electronically by the City each month between the 5th and the 23rd.
- $1.47 Administrative Charge
- $2.37 Per 1,000 gallons up to 16,000
- $2.99 Per 1,000 gallons over 16,000
View Chapter 22 Fees of the City Code for a complete listing of commercial, industrial and irrigation fees.
Billed the month following use.
$17.07 minimum per month and $2.04 per 1,000 gallons use charge based on the winter quarter usage for December, January and February. Residents with sewer but no water are based on the current City average rather than their personal winter quarter average.
LOW INCOME RESIDENTIAL RATE
$8.47 minimum per month and $1.04 per 1,000 gallons use charge based on the winter quarter usage for December, January and February.
COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL AND METERED APARTMENT BUILDINGS
$17.07 minimum per month and $3.62 per 1,000 gallons use charge Un-metered apartment buildings $25.51 per apartment unit per month.
Street light fees are per month.
- Residential Units $3.25 per unit
- Commercial/Industrial $6 per residential lot unit + $10 per acre over 1/2 acres
- Churches $3 per residential lot unit
- Undeveloped Residential Property $3 per residential lot unit
- Undeveloped Medium Density with Improvements $3 per lot unit
- Undeveloped High Density Property with Improvements $6 per residential lot unit + $10 per acre over 1/2 acre
- Parks and Open Spaces $3 per lot residential unit
- Public/Institutional $6 per residential lot unit + $10 per acre over 1/2 acre
Garbage & Recycling
Billed the month following use. Minimum rate due and payable for sanitation service for each living unit per month. the following rates include recycling, Hennepin County Service Fee, and State Solid Waste Management Fee:
- Large Cart (Approximately 90 gallons) – $23.59
- Medium Cart (Approximately 60 gallons) – $19.43
- Small Cart (Approximately 30-gallons) – $15.27
Cart sizes vary by vendor and date of issue as the market trends change over time. This is why an approximate size is given for the three categories of cart sizes.
Recycling costs are covered under the garbage rate. You have the option of a small, medium or large cart. There is a $20 fee to change cart sizes. If you have the largest cart size you can add additional carts at no extra cost. Recycling is collected every other week on the same day of the week as your weekly garbage collection.
Residents will need to notify haulers for any additional bags outside of container. Haulers will charge you accordingly for extra pickup.
OWNERS OF RENTAL PROPERTY
The City will bill renters of properties in Champlin as a service, however, any unpaid charges imposed against occupants/renters of the rental property remain the responsibility of the property owner.
UNPAID UTILITY CHARGES
Any unpaid utility charges 60 days or more past due at time of certification, are certified to Hennepin County for collection as part of the property tax.
LOW INCOME RESIDENTS RATE REDUCTION
Discount rates for eligible citizens are available for sewer and garbage charges. Contact the Utility Billing Department at 763-923-7137 for eligibility requirements.
If you are going out-of-town for a period of one month or longer, please contact the Utility Billing Department and provide a forwarding address.