The members of this volunteer program are primarily residents of Champlin. They donate approximately eight hours of their time per month assisting the Champlin Police Department with functions such as Father Hennepin Festival, Night To Unite, community parades, softball tournaments and other community functions. New members receive training from the Champlin Police department and attend the 13-week (one night a week for four hours) training class put on by the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Department. Some of this training includes traffic control, medical training, defensive tactics, crime scene introduction and other areas.
If you are interested in learning more about our Police Reserve Program or joining our volunteer program, please contact our Administrative Office at (763) 421-2971.
- Must be 18 years of age
- United States Citizen
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Possess a Valid Minnesota Driver’s License and have a good driving record
- Be willing to volunteer time for community events, monthly meetings and training
- You do not have to be a Champlin Resident
- Submit a City application
- Pass Driver’s License background check
- Pass Criminal Background check
- Successfully complete interview process