Champlin Police Explorer Program
This program is a division of the Scouts of America and designed for young people who are between the ages of 14 and 21 years of age who may be interested in a career in law enforcement. Training and meetings take place 6 – 8 p.m. Tuesday evenings. Some of the services that they provide are assisting at community functions and traffic direction. During the year, Champlin Police Explorers train with other law enforcement Explorers from around the metro area gaining knowledge and insight regarding medical emergencies, domestic disturbances, directing traffic, firearms training, crime scene processing, traffic stops and others. Champlin Explorers attend state and national conferences where their training is tested against Explorers from other law enforcement posts.
If you are interested in learning more about our Police Explorer Program or joining our volunteer program, you can contact the Police Explorer Advisor at (763) 421-2971.
- Must be 14 – 21 years of age
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Be willing to volunteer time for community events
- You do not have to be a Champlin resident
- Submit via mail or in person, a Police Explorer Post #999 Application
- Pass criminal background check
- Successfully pass interview process