If you are a Champlin resident, and you have lost a pet, the following information can assist you in finding your pet.
- Please call our non-emergency number at 952-258-5321 to report the animal missing so we are aware of it.
- Please call PUPS (see below for information on PUPS) at 763-494-5999 so they are aware that an animal is missing from Champlin.
- If the Champlin Police Department picks up an animal that has a collar with a city license or animal tag, every effort will be made to reunite the animal with its owner.
- Animals picked up without a city license or animal tag will be brought to PUPS.
To reclaim an animal from the PUPS facility you must first come to the Champlin Police Department and do the following:
- Pay the impound and boarding fees (cash or check only).
- Provide proof of current rabies vaccination.
- Purchase a two year animal license if one hasn’t been purchased already.
- You will receive the necessary document and receipt that you must bring to PUPS with you when picking up your pet.
PETS UNDER POLICE SECURITY (P.U.P.S.)
Pets Under Police Security (PUPS) is a joint powers organization between the cities of Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Champlin, Crystal, Maple Grove, New Hope, and Plymouth. PUPS houses and cares for animals impounded by member police departments and is under direct control of the member communities. Rabies quarantines, strays, and DOA’s are brought here.
This facility is located at 11350 89th Avenue in Maple Grove, MN. Employees who are specially trained in the care of small animals staff the facility. If you have questions or concerns regarding this facility or may have lost a pet, you can reach them by calling (763) 494-5999.
P.U.P.S. BUSINESS HOURS
||2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
||11 a.m. – 3 p.m.